Sites with parameter concentrations that have equaled or exceeded drinking water standard(s), (DWS) including location and parameter(s) are shown in Table 8.3-8A. Impaired lakes and streams with site type, name, length of impaired reach, area of impaired lake, designated use standard and parameter(s) exceeded is shown in Table 8.3-8B. Figure 8.3-10 shows the location of water quality occurrences keyed to Table 8.3-8. Figure 8.3-11 shows the located of contamination sites with site information in Table 8.3-9. A description of water quality data sources and methods is found in Volume 1, Appendix A. All community water systems are regulated under the Safe Drinking Water Act and treat water supplies to meet drinking water standards. Not all parameters were measured at all sites; selective sampling for particular constituents is common.
Well, spring and mine sites that have equaled or exceeded drinking water standards (DWS)
- Refer to Table 8.3-8A.
- Sixty sites have parameter concentrations that have equaled or exceeded DWS.
- The most frequently equaled or exceeded the parameter is arsenic.
- Other parameters equaled or exceeded include fluoride, barium, cadmium, lead, radionuclides and nitrates.
Lakes and Streams with impaired waters
- Refer to Table 8.3-8B.
- Water quality standards were equaled or exceeded in one stream reach and two lakes. The most common parameter equaled or exceeded was dissolved oxygen.
- One lake, Watson Lake, is part of the ADEQ water quality improvement effort called the Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) Program. Sampling is ongoing at the site at this time.
Effluent Dependent Reaches
- Refer to Figure 8.3-10
- A portion of the Agua Fria River in this AMA is effluent dependent, due to discharge from the Prescott Valley WWTF.
- Refer to Figure 8.3-11 and Table 8.3-9
- There are three Voluntary Remediation Program sites with soil and groundwater contamination and one Superfund site, Iron King - Humbolt Smelter.
Table 8.3-8 Water Quality Exceedences in the Prescott AMA
Figure 8.3-10 Prescott AMA Water Quality Conditions
Table 8.3-9 Contamination Sites in the Prescott AMA
Figure 8.3-11 Prescott AMA Contamination Sites